Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My heart is aching...till today

On 24 nov 2008, I recieved a missed call from my favourite cousin who is also my personal insurance agent. I thought she is calling me to meet up for our long lost time dinner gathering so i told myself that i will return call when i am free to call. Who knows shortly after, sms came in.

Thinking it could be DD, i decided to take a quick look. But it wasn't a quick look. I took about 30sec, scanning through the words i recieved, couldn't believe what i am reading and trying very hard to absorb the sentence jie sent me.

Its read "My father-in-law pass away today will be at "address" for 5 days"..I drop everything onto my table and fall back to seat. I tried to call jie but her line is engaged. I called my mum but my dad pick up the phone. I broke the news to him but he sounds very calm and said come back then talk. I was shocked that my parent is so calm & steady.

Then jie returned my call but i don't know where to start. When i know what to ask, jie says she had to go as lots of thing need to settle. I told her i will see her the next day.

Back home, everyone was alseep. I wonder did they make any planning to go to the funeral. Finally, mum called at noontime & ask if i wanted to go. Of course i wanted, that is needless to ask, i snorted back my mum.

Meeting mum & pa, we went into the void deck together & we burned joss stick & say prayer to Yi Zhang. The moment i called out, my tear rolls and it starts to roll now. I like this Yi Zhang very much. Because whenever we visited him especially during our young times, he is always so happy and bubbly. I alwae like to go to his home that why i am kind of close to my this cousine (jie).

Tonight, Mum & Pa ask me to take a rest and they will go down themselves. They will take me agin tml night and will stay till late as that will be the last night and i will never see him again. In fact, even now I can only see his photo because the coffin had already nailed. Yi Zhang did not make-up so he is not suitable for viewing.

Yi Zhang, I just want to tell you that i want you to drink my marrige tea. I want to get bless from you but i know I will not have this chance anymore because you are gone. I am going to miss you in my heart, Yi Zhang.

2 comments:

Big Noodle said...

Dun worry, we will still offer ur Yi Zhang his cup of tea.. Ask ur Ah Yi to drink on her behalf lu.. =)

* Gerald * said...

My condolences...cheer up